Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Defining words


I was thinking the other day of the words that define me, or rather the words that I want to define me. I thought I could use these words as a reminder of my priorities. So below I have written each of these words along with why that particular word currently defines me and how I want to work toward prioritizing that part of my life. 

mother - be present with my children (put the phone, vacuum, etc. down)
artist - make time to work on things I truly love doing (graphic design/card design)
runner - work on improving time for short distances (good to have goals)
wife - commit to making time for each other at least once a week
friend - write a quick note or make a quick call (even when I don't have time!)

It is so difficult to remember who I truly am and want to be, especially when the business of life pulls in so many different directions. Hopefully this will serve as a reminder to me for the rest of 2014 and beyond and help me to let go of some of the extras that aren't working toward any of my defining words. 

What words define you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment