Monday, October 21, 2013

And the swim goes on

Apologies for not writing an update on Rebecca's swimming career, but to be honest, I didn't think anyone would be interested. After quite a few enquiries from friends, I thought I'd do a follow up post. 

In August I blogged about Rebecca's fear of the water, in the following weeks she received her first two badges. I haven't been worried about it as everyone said it will be just like her reading. Slow progress then it's as if someone flicks a switch and they are off and running. Our turning point came on our summer vacation to my parents house where we spent about ten days straight in their pool. Rebecca enjoyed being the big sister, showing her little brother how it is done (even though she couldn't actually swim herself yet).


Full of smiles to get wet!

About three days in, and lots of practice later, she cracked it. Proper underwater, legs kicking, no hands, swimming! I guess a few things have come to mind since...

1) Thanks Dad for buying Mom the pool heater as we all loved the warm water! Best birthday present ever!

2) It's amazing what your children can accomplish when you actually take the time out to teach them (but we'll save that parental guilt thing for another blog).

3) Watch out for my second born...I think I'll have a whole new set of challenges. :)



Loving life!

Any of your little people nervous to swim? Maybe they were born fish? We'd love to hear your experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment