Thursday, February 21, 2013

We welcome with love


Our sweet baby girl is now 6 and a half weeks new. She is eating, sleeping, and growing exactly how she should be. She has two adoring big sisters who are constantly hugging, kissing and drooling over her. We are truly blessed with three beautiful, healthy girls. But wow... these last six weeks have not been easy. 

The adjustment to life with 3 kids has been challenging. Maybe it is because our second daughter was so easy (at least that's how I remember it), or maybe it is this winter baby thing, or maybe it is just the simple fact that taking care of 3 kids under the age of 5 is hard work. 

I thought winter would be a breeze and the fact that we would have to be out and about to get the big girls to school and various activities would be a good thing. But I didn't really think about the fact that I would have to get us all dressed, bundled, and out the door every morning in the freezing cold and snow. 

Luckily I've had some wonderful friends who have volunteered to help out by picking up our oldest for pre-school on some of the coldest mornings so I didn't have to bundle the whole crew and get out the door. Needless to say, I am looking forward to spring this year!

In the meantime, I think I'll just curl up with my sweet little baby and take in every noise, every smile, every snuggle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment