Monday, May 21, 2012

Yellow brick road and all!

If you've been reading over the last few weeks, you know that we had a big party planned for Saturday. I wanted to follow up with some party details and photos of the actual day. Luckily we had a gorgeous day and were able to have the whole party outside. Lucie, AKA Dorothy, had a blast and I hope everyone else did too. 


I wish I had thought to snap a photo as my husband created a brick road template and used an entire sidewalk chalk stick to hand draw the yellow brick road. As you can see, Dorothy was quite pleased with how it turned out.


The first thing the kids did when they arrived was to make their own Glinda or Wizard crown.


You can see many of Dorothy's friends working diligently on their crowns.



And here are some of the works of art drying.


Then there was the "Pin the Heart of the Tin Man" game thanks to my very talented sister, Teni! 


We had a few kinks to work out, as I am pretty sure Dorothy could see through the blindfold.


But I think we worked it out after the first couple of participants. Not bad for 3 and 4 year olds, right?


Before we dug into the cakes, we snacked on "Scarecrow popcorn" and "Somewhere of the rainbow fruit skewers"


Then came the cake and the "Rainbow cupcakes"


I think the birthday girl would say all of her wishes came true!

No comments:

Post a Comment