We finalized the invitation and applied a small bit of glitter glue to the shoes once printed, which of course Lucie was thrilled about helping with! The final cards turned out great and I have to say the little bit of glitter is my favorite part!
I also created an inspiration board for the invitation/party that looks like this:
And now, after a whirlwind weekend out of town, it’s time to get down to business and finalize all of the party details which is coming up in only 5 days, yikes. Here’s my crazy list of Wizard of Oz party details:
• Chalkboard paint a yellow brick road on the sidewalk path in our back yard
• Make a sign to go on the front door that reads, “There’s no place like home”
• Make a sign to be place on the side entrance of the fence that reads, “Follow the yellow brick road”
• Create a flag banner from paper or fabric
• Hang scenes from the movie around the party area
• Rainbow fruit tray or rainbow fruit skewers
• Popcorn in paper cones
• Apples hanging from a tree
• Pin the heart on the Tin Man game
• Make a Glinda or Wizard crown
• Watercolor paint favors with “Somewhere over the rainbow” tag
What else am I forgetting? Who knows how much of this we’ll actually end of doing (definitely not everything!) but it’s fun to brainstorm and then hopefully we can pull of a few good ideas on the list. As I told myself when I couldn’t sleep at 2 a.m. thinking about all of the things to do last night, it is just a 4-year-old’s birthday party! I’m sure the kids will have a blast whether I find the gingham table cover I’m looking for or not, right?