Monday, April 30, 2012

Inspiration boards, invitations, and party planning... oh my!

A few months back, my daughter Lucie began talking about her 4th birthday party. Not surprisingly, my independent thinking daughter had a few ideas of her own about what kind of party she wanted. She had dressed up as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz for Halloween last October and declared back in January that she would like her birthday in May to be a "Dorothy Party". After talking about this for months, I realized last week that it is almost May (yikes!) and I better start getting organized if I'm going to pull of this Wizard of Oz inspired party! I immediately turned to my friend Pinterest for some ideas and found many! I was particularly inspired by a Wizard of Oz themed party created by Kate Landers Events and The TomKat Studio. Wow! I also found a little bit of inspiration from images from the movie itself. And we've recently been listening to a lot of music from Wicked so thought we could throw in a little Glinda and Elphaba love. 


I am obsessed with collecting images on Pinterest so thought an inspiration board of images found might really help us to find our favorite things about The Wizard of Oz and go from there. Here's what we ended up with: 




[1] There's no place like home vintage sign from Kara's Party Ideas
[2] Bubble Gum Necklace from Make and Takes
[3] Glinda and the munchkins
[4] Every girl needs ruby red slippers from Kate Landers Events
[5] Retro rainbow paper straws from Heliotrope
[6] Pin the heart on the Tin Man from It's Twitchell Time
[7] Dessert table from Kate Landers Events
[8] Rainbow lollipops 
[9] Dorothy's first meeting with the Wicked Witch
[10] Rainbow cupcakes from Kate Landers Events
[11] Love these tutus from Kate Landers Events


So many more fun ideas - we just might need to create another inspiration board before the party in a few weeks, but for now I thought best to focus on the invitations. Blue gingham - check, Dorothy silhouette - check, yellow brick road - check. 




And of course I couldn't resist including a little polaroid photo of "Dorothy" from last October!



Stay tuned for details from the party later this month! And remember, "there's no place like home." 

No comments:

Post a Comment