Monday, July 18, 2011

FUN-draising

A few years back, I ran the Boston Marathon.  When I ran my first (and at the time I thought only) marathon two years before Boston, I did not have a qualifying time to run Boston.  But when a good friend decided to run Boston raising money for Children's Hospital, I thought, what a great cause... I can do this again!  And after 4+ months of training, more hours than I can count of FUNdraising, and on a very HOT day in April, we did run and finish the Boston Marathon.  And we did reach our fundraising goal for Children's Hospital.  Since I had run one marathon before this experience, I knew the hours that would go into training leading up to the race.  But I wasn't really prepared for how much time and effort would go into fundraising in order to meet my donation goal.  Don't get me wrong... we had a lot of fun with various bake sales, games and fundraising events.  But in a sense, raising all that money was just as challenging as doing all the training for race day.  And in the end, it was just as rewarding.  Knowing that the money we raised would go to Children's Hospital and help to change the lives of many children and families was even more rewarding than having finished the 26.2.  My own friends and family were so kind and I was and am so grateful for their generosity.

In this summer season of charitable races and events, what better way to say thank you to those who so generously donated to your cause, than with a fun and personal thank you postcard like the one we created below?

[Pennant Thank You Postcard Front]

[Pennant Thank You Postcard Back]
And how cute is our good friend Janie depicted on the back?    

So... what are you doing or have you done in the past to raise money for your favorite charity?  Let us know!  And order our Love and Life thank you postcard to send to those who have been generous to your cause.  Be sure to order a few extras for yourself to have a keepsake of your event.  If all this isn't enough, for the rest of July 2011, Love and Life Cards will donate 10% of your order to your charity!  

No comments:

Post a Comment