1) My auto correct is screaming at me to change favorite to favourite and I'm ignoring it completely!
2) Having an excuse to be a bit more obnoxious than normal. For some reason, I feel today it is acceptable for me to be the stereotypical loud American (which most of my British friends would say I am anyway).
3) Knowing the Spiedies are marinating away - nothing says home like a Spiedie!
4) All the lovely text messages I get from my British friends wishing me a Happy 4th of July. I don't think I exchange messages with my American friends, so to my friends in Boston in particular, Happy 4th of July!
5) This hilarious Steven Merchant Newcastle Brown advertisement about if the Brits had won (warning - it's a bit rude).
6) My American Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes - enough said!
7) This quote "I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. - Abraham Lincoln
8) The forecast for tomorrow - 6 years in a row that its been sunny for Rebecca's family friends party.
9) The fact I'm still riding high on the USA's performance in the World Cup. This team's performance against Belgium on Tuesday exemplified spirit, work ethic, commitment, and pride. As heartbroken as I was at their loss, it was a perfect example of what I hope to instil in my kids, and makes me so proud to be an American.
10) As it is every year, my favorite thing is that I had Rebecca today...
Wishing you all a Happy Independence Day!