Monday, April 22, 2013

Celebrate earth day with love


Last Monday, I was ready to blog about getting back into running. I had picked up a new pair of running shoes at Marathon Sports in Boston the week before and I was inspired watching the winners of the 2013 Boston Marathon. I told my four-year old daughter about when I ran that very marathon. She asked me when I had run it and we laughed together when I responded "eight years ago." Then we went outside to play on that beautiful day and lost track of time. Oh well, the blog would have to wait until the evening. Then I got a call and everything changed. 

I haven't felt much like celebrating over the past week. The explosions at the Boston Marathon and the events of the week that followed have left me with a heavy heart. I am trying to move beyond this sadness and to choose love, as a wise friend wrote in her beautiful facebook status last week. Love instead of sadness. Love instead of fear. Love instead of hate. 

Today, on Earth Day, I choose love. I choose to take a deep breath of the crisp spring air. I choose to watch the sunrise. I choose to play outside with my beautiful children. I choose to go for a walk and enjoy this New England town where I make my home. And I choose to lace up my new sneakers and remember why I love to run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment