Monday, September 17, 2012

"Fall" in love with cooking

Let's face it moms, our summer cooking vacation is soon to be over. The kids are back at school, the nights are getting darker earlier, and husbands everywhere are storing the BBQ for next year, so it looks like their cooking vacation is just beginning!  

I am not a very good cook, but I do rather enjoy it. I find that I lack a few key ingredients in being a good cook though:
1)  Time  
2)  Money  
3)  Any idea how to cook healthy meals and 
4)  Imagination  
So basically, I'm doomed before I even get started.

On a recent trip to my sister in law's (who is an amazing cook), she showed me her Clean Eating Magazine, which I hadn't heard of before. I flicked through and saw some recipes I thought I'd actually like. Not that I'm a fussy eater, but I often find cooking magazines complicated and full of recipes I don't actually even like the look of. Rather than taking her whole stock of magazines back to England with me, I checked out their website www.cleaneatingmag.com and skipped right to the "under 20 minutes" section. To my utter amazement, I found two recipes that I thought were easy, I had most of the ingredients for (so it didn't mean remortgaging to buy everything), and believe it or not, they tasted amazing! Even the kids ate it all - so no more separate meals for us!  

The Seared Chicken with Maple Glaze was just right on the sunny but chilly Fall day I cooked it:

And the One-Skillet Lamb Chops with Pears & Balsamic Pan Sauce is definitely one for a dinner party in the future!

So cheap, quick, easy, and delicious? I'm converted. What about you? Any recipes you want to share? Don't forget, for a fun party favor, why not share your secret recipe with all your friends with Love and Life recipe cards:



No comments:

Post a Comment