Monday, June 18, 2012

Beat the heat!



Summer is officially arriving this Wednesday and with it this year comes our first really hot days here in the North East. I personally would be very happy with 70 degrees all summer long, but I know I have some friends out there who are going to welcome the heat! Whether you love to sweat or prefer a cool breeze like me, we thought we’d offer up some of our favorite things to do when you can’t stand the heat!

Back Yard or Park Sprinkler
Just head to your closest playground with a sprinkler or hook up the hose right in your backyard. Simple, inexpensive, and so much fun!

Go to a Museum
Spend a nice relaxing morning playing in an air conditioned museum.

Community Pool
Find your closest community pool, or better yet, make friends with a neighbor with a pool!

The Beach
Ahhh, the beach. So nice any time of day, but I love the beach in the late afternoon when the crowds have started to disperse. Bring a picnic dinner or pick up a pizza on your way. A great way for the whole family to cool off after a scorcher of a day!

Ice Cream Shop!
And of course, my very favorite way to cool off is to head to one of my local favorite ice cream shops. No matter what my mood, ice cream is sure to make it better!

These are just a few of our favorites. Where do you like to go to get out of (or enjoy) the heat?  

No comments:

Post a Comment