Monday, June 20, 2011

Top 5 baby must haves




When my oldest daughter was born, I obsessed over all things baby for 9 long months.  I wavered back and forth over every little decision.  I spent hours researching big purchases like which stroller to buy, and equal time obsessing over which baby shampoo we would use.  I was definitely trying to keep things minimalist, but in the end still ended up with more ‘stuff’ than was really necessary.  And then there were definitely a few things that I would have liked to have, that I didn’t.  So… we’ve each compiled our top 5 list of baby items that we just felt we couldn’t live without… or at least made our lives much easier in those first days at home with a new baby.

Elizabeth Says...
1. Nature Babycare Diapers
These made me feel less guilty on those days out or overnight when cloth just felt inconvenient!

2. Carters Swaddle Blankets
Both my kids loved being snuggled up tight and I loved the designs.

3. Nursing Cover
"Oh the places you'll go" and not feel like a social outcast. :)

4. Anabel Karmel's Weaning Book
I know, I could live without it the first few months, but I'm one of those who is always researching the next phase and cooking for babies was way out of my comfort zone.  This book was informative and the meals taste great!

5. Love and Life Thank You Cards
Of course mine were late, but better late than never:)


Sona Says... 
1. bumGenius Organic One-Size All-In-One Diapers
Organic cotton on my baby’s bum and no extra pieces to put together after washing.

2. Ergo Baby Carrier
We used this carrier with the infant insert from day 1 and my daughter still loved being carried in it until she was 2.  Truth be told, now at 3+, she would probably still love being carried in it—and still meets the weight limit!

3. Aden & Anais Swaddle Blankets
These breathable swaddle blankets were the perfect weight for my summer babies and can also double as a nursing cover in a pinch! 

4. The Essential Nursing Tank by Bravado 
These tops are so comfortable and really make nursing at home or in public a breeze as they keep your tummy covered. I think I have one in every color!

5. Love and Life Birth Announcements
Who better to announce the arrival of our newest family member than her big sister! 

Do you have a top 5 baby items list you’d like to share?  Or maybe one item you just couldn't do without when your kiddos were new?  We'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment