Thursday, August 14, 2014

A treasure hunt birthday party

Our little Eva Bean turned four last week and we celebrated the occasion with a treasure hunt among family and friends! The birthday girl had requested a treasure hunt themed party back in June and has not wavered from the theme all summer. 



This is the invitation we sent out to friends and family a few weeks before the big event. 


And what Love and Life invitation would be complete without a snapshot of our little treasure hunter on the flip side?



We kept things simple with snacks like Pirate's Booty



and watermelon on a stick. Because everything tastes better on a stick, right?



Once everyone had a chance to make a pair of custom treasure hunt binoculars (more on that soon) and decorate a bag for collecting the loot, we were off. Four silly, rhyming clues around the yard led us to this hidden treasure (or kiddie pool filled with sand and toy necklaces, rings, jewels and gold coins).



Here is one of Eva's best buds showing off a favorite find.



And here are a few more of the crew enjoying their loot and a little pizza.



The forecast was for rain all day with the highest chance being from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. which of course was the exact same time as the party. We set up a little tent just in case, but luckily for us the rain stayed away!



Our little chocolate loving birthday girl could not wait for cake and this treasure hunt themed cake from a local bakery — Henry's — did not disappoint



I just love this cake faced shot of me and my birthday girl.


And a little sister love to end the day. 



Phew... as much as I love a good party, it sure was nice to put my feet up at the end of the day. What about you? Do you love to host a party and feed on the excitement or does being the hostess with the mostest simply wear you out? I think I'm some kind of hybrid of the two. I always feel exhausted after hosting a big gathering, but I love doing it and every time I think "that was the last party I'll host for a while," I seem to decide it's time to plan another. Speaking of which... what are y'all doing next weekend? Want to come over? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment