Monday, July 23, 2012
To find out or not to find out...?
I was around a lot of conversation over the weekend revolving around whether or not to find out the gender of your baby before he or she is born.
There are all the reasons NOT to find out:
• Ultrasounds are not always right.
• Brings out the fortune teller in everyone and is a fun game.
• Keeps your baby's wardrobe from being all blue or all pink.
• A great distraction/motivator during labor and delivery.
• Life's last real mystery - enjoy it for as long as you can!
And then, of course, there are all the reason TO find out:
• Only need to choose one name.
• Nursery can be decorated for a specific gender.
• May make you feel more connected to your baby.
• Mental preparation for life with a little boy or girl.
• Curiosity - you are just too curious and can't bear another 5 months of not knowing!
So what did you do or what do you plan to do when the time comes? We would love to hear your take on finding out the gender — did it help you bond sooner to your in-utero baby? Did you feel at all disappointed once you found out? Did you feel less or more excited about the birth after you found out?