Monday, December 5, 2011
December is here and it is now officially less than four weeks until the New Year! We've come up with a quick checklist of some of the most important things to add to your "to do" list for the next four weeks. Hopefully some of these will help reduce the stress and give you more time to enjoy the simple pleasures of this holiday season.
1. Make a family outing to pick up your tree making it a tradition for your family.
2. Decorate together letting little ones put on the first ornament and help with as many as possible.
3. Spend an hour at lunch during the week or after work doing your shopping to avoid the crowds at the shops on the weekend.
4. Set up a wrapping station in your home and wrap gifts as you buy them.
5. Keep a list of everyone you need to buy for on your phone so you don't forget anyone.
6. Pick up bulk gifts such as wine or candles (we like to give maple syrup!) to give to neighbors or hostess gifts.
7. Pick up a festive holiday shirt or two and pair with simple black pants so you don't have to stress about what to wear at the last minute!
8. Make and freeze cookie dough to be ready to pop in the oven if you need something to bring to a party or so like me most years, you aren't having to start from scratch to get cookies ready for Santa.
9. Take stock of your pantry now and make a holiday shopping list.
10. Be sure to order your Love and Life Holiday Cards by December 15th to guarantee delivery by December 23rd!!
What do you do to reduce the stress during the holiday season? Are you one of those super organized people I aspire to be or do you simply book an appointment at the spa and put it all out of your mind? If you have any pointers to share about getting organized and/or reducing some of the stress this holiday season we'd love to hear from you!