Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall is here!

The days are getting a little bit shorter and the nights are getting cooler.  Fall is here!  Well... it will be officially this Friday.  And to me, that means the season for baking begins. The timing works out perfectly since my kitchen renovation is finally coming to a close.  (We have been sans kitchen for two months and two days now, but who's counting?)  But back to baking.  Apple and pumpkin pies, muffins, breads, cookies... yum!  

This past weekend was my sister's wedding shower and with baking on the mind and their fall themed wedding coming up in October, we thought a recipe card would make the perfect favor.  First we designed this card with colors and designs from the couple's wedding stationery.  The sugar cookie recipe is my mom's.  I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it!




Next, we found these adorable little maple leaf cookie cutters at Sur la table. 




Then we used a hole punch to make a small hole in the upper corner of the recipe card and tied the cookie cutter to the card with rafia.  




We think these favors are fun, sweet, and uncomplicated just like the bride-to-be!


And here is a quick shot of the back of the recipe card with the initials of the bride and groom in a fall themed acorn.  We love to add a little extra personalization wherever we can!  




These were so simple and turned out so sweet, I think they would make a great little gift or used as place cards at Thanksgiving—feature your grandmother's famous stuffing recipe or your mom's pumpkin pie.  Or hand these out to friends and neighbors at Christmas with your own cookie recipe and a snowflake cookie cutter.  


Brrr... fall may be here, but I'm going to keep my kitchen warm and toasty with all this baking!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of creating my own recipe cards and giving to family for Thanksgiving! I might even steal your cookie recipe and tie on turkey shaped cookie cutters with ribbon!

    ReplyDelete